I highly commend the web page 'Nine top tips for Media students'. From the people behind theory.org.uk, its worth a read!

Sunday, 12 December 2010

Ben Rhydding filming: this week!

Lest any of you missed it, I've copied in an email sent this morning to you all:

We have 5 names for this: Rob, Harry, Ben, Melodie, Faye ... but these good folk were to get back to me with final details of what they plan to shoot and produce, and haven't, so there may be room for more.
A reminder of what this is about: http://asmedia0910.blogspot.com/2010/11/xmas-videomakers-needed.html
This is a cracking opportunity to boost your CV/UCAS and provide a great service to the local community
The first planned bit of filming is tomorrow; the Head of BenR summarised the dates:

Monday 13th December pm Dress Rehearsal
Tuesday 14th December 9am First Performance for parents
Wednesday 15th December pm Performance for our link school Lily croft
Thursday 16th December 5pm Last performance for parents.
I think the Wednesday afternoon performance would be the best to film because there shouldn't be such a big audience at that performance.

I need to know by the end of breaktime tomorrow who is doing what, and when.
What had been discussed (and needs to be finalised) is...
- filming a rehearsal
- trying to get some background material for extras (eg each kid giving their name and role; a few additional vox pops with some of the kids; the teacher organising it; backstage [before, during and after performance?]; jpg of any poster produced and any press articles; brief vox pops with some parents after the performance)
- going up at least twice to enable testing out camera positions and maybe separate sound recording
- gatting a list of all relevant names to include on the credits
designing a DVD sleeve, for which we need...
- photographs taking
- one producer needs to be agreed to co-ordinate all of this, with editing tasks (you can be both producer and editor) assigned - doesn't make sense for one person to try to editi everything if extras are produced

Whether its the 5 folk named or some new faces, can you pass on to me final details of who is doing what and when by the end of break tomorrow - better still, tell me before the assembly tomorrow (half of post-16 will be in there; if yours isn't one of those groups ask if you can head over to B hall, where I'll wait outside if possible)


I have them written down somewhere, but not in front of me - I'm missing Jessica, Conor O, and Hannah's emails so please forward and ask those 3 to email me so I can add them to my list if you are in contact


Good luck with your prep for the pitches!!!

Cheers
David Burrowes
Media Studies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure your posts are appropriate in tone and content! All comments are reviewed by the blog owner before being published.